“Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble… Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit… And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:14; 17; 19
We love the apostle Paul. The guy endured some of the most excruciating ill-treatment for the sake of the gospel, but then (from prison!) he wrote that what excited him most about the Philippians’ generosity was not that they helped him in his hardship, but that they will be rewarded for their generosity! O to love Jesus like this – to be so dependent on Him for all things, that we might be freed from focusing on what He gives us so that we might focus on Him alone.
When we answered the call to go wherever God wanted us to, we never thought that we would need to become a fundraising family. We always thought that Joshua would work in an established church somewhere, taking home a paycheck.
But then God called us to become church planters.
We’ve never planted a church before, but we have come to realize that God will require a deep trust in us toward Him – one that fully depends on His providential care for our family. And because we believe His promise that He will provide all we need to carry His gospel to those in need, we know that He will choose certain others to give out of their increase in order to help us accomplish this divine calling.
Do you feel like God is calling you to help us bring the gospel to those in need?
If you do, we glorify God for your obedience to Him. We are humbled that He loves us like He does to provide for us when so many other men and women are trying to do the same thing we are, in a variety of contexts. Further, we are truly excited to see the fruit you are bearing for the Kingdom of God! With each prayer prayed for us, with every encouraging phone call or email, and with every penny we receive, please know that “the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God” on your behalf (see 2 Corinthians 9:10-12).
In order to help facilitate your giving (and to make your contribution tax-deductible), CrossWay Community Church in Charlotte, NC has graciously allowed us to funnel all contributions through their business office*.
If you would like to partner with us for the gospel, here’s how to do it:
- Log onto CrossWay’s Website. Click on the MENU button on the top right and click “Give Online” under the WELCOME tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the giving page and click “Give.”
- Under PLEASE CHOOSE A CAMPUS, click on “Crossway Community Church.”
- From there you can either register for regular contributions (click “First Time?”), or click on “Quick Give.” Also, if you register as a new user, you can click on “Scheduled Giving” if you would like to set up automatically recurring contributions.
- Indicate the amount, select “Ldrship Dvlment/Church Plant,” and type Joshua Earl in the OTHER COMMENTS box below.
- Enter your card information and you’re done!
If you prefer, you may send a check to: CrossWay Community Church, 6400 Prosperity Church Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269. Please be sure to indicate Leadership Development Fund – Joshua Earl on the memo line. Do not make the check out directly to us.
You are an amazing blessing to us! Because of you, “we have all we need – and more.” The gifts you send are “a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God” (Philippians 4:18).
We sincerely thank you for your partnership in the Gospel! If you would like to sign up to receive our newsletter by mail, which is a great way to stay in the loop with our family, please fill out the form below.
* We are happy to put together a giving statement for you at the end of the year for tax purposes. Also, in order for your contribution to be tax-deductible, please note that CrossWay has full discretion over all monies that go into their Leadership Fund.